A new survey from military charity SSAFA has found that too much milk is the UK’s top tea turn-off.
The top ten are as follows:
1. Too milky (64%)
2. Mug not rinsed out properly (63%)
3. Watery residue on top of tea (53%)
4. Bag left in the mug (52%)
5. Mug of tea only half full (50%)
6. Mug is chipped (46%)
7. When tea has spilled into the saucer (32%)
8. The mug isn’t properly dried, leaving rings on the desk (29%)
9. The wrong type of tea is used (28%)
10. Not milky enough (27%)
The poll comes ahead of SSAFA’s Big Brew Up campaign which takes place across the UK from 22-28 June. It encourages friends, colleagues and family members to host tea parties to raise vital funds for the Armed Forces family.